Friday, June 3, 2011

1 Corinthians Chapter 7... one week later :(

Good morning ( early morning)

Well as the title states it's been one week since my last post. During that time I have fallen, one time but it was worth like a week's worth of sin.
However on a positive I did complete my resume and that means I can hit this second job scene nice and hard!!.
Another thought that crossed my mind was, when is my life going to start? I mean right now it's really boring. I always hear speakers, pastors, and other people say God does not want us to live a limited, safe life. He wants us to try,experience, and travel to different places. He wants to have fun, but my thing is when is that going to happen for me. It seems like money is always a factor and I am limited by it. I don't want to look back over my life and realize all I ever did was make plans but never put them into action. I want to audition,I want to travel, make dozens of friends, and just I don't know live. But there is a part of me that is so drained by the process and I have no clue where to begin. I WANT TO LIVE!!!! in all of this however I feel like I am on the right track.


Ok so on to chapter 7.


Here Paul talks to the church about relationships. Thus far, it seems this is the longest letter Paul has written, it makes sense because relationships are very important and common. Here He dicusses romantic relationships.Honestly right now I am having a hard time describing this. Well to me Paul is telling the people not to rush into relationships ( especially marriage) because it is not what it's all cracked up to be. Being in a relationship does not solve problems, but it could potentially create more, if the timing is wrong and because being in a relationship takes alot of time and effort.


Another important point Paul brings up ( or atleast I thought he did) was the basis of marriage. In the commentary notes in my NLT ( new living translation) bible, it says that it is better to deal with sexual pressures of singleness than to deal with the stress of an unhappy marriage.The basis of marriage should not be mere physical attraction because that soon fades. The relationship needs substance and I believe friendship in order to stand the test of time. The two people need to be whole as individuals before coming together as a couple.


Maybe for me that is why it is important to be content in my season and really take this time to develop myself and my relationship in the Lord so he can prepare me for the role of wife and also just so i can be happy and fullfilled as a person. Honestly I know my purpose is not to follow one person ( earthly that is) everyday all day, but to have my own life and contribute to this world in hopes to save some of the people in it. This process sucks, but You nobody told me the road would easy.


A verse that stuck out to mean was " God not your marital status, defines your life".(MSG).That really sums up this portion best.

I am going to continue on to the next chapter but I will be refering back to this chapter because I have a feeling it's not done with me yet. :)

Stay tuned for chapter 8 " freedom with responsibility" until then happy reading

Aleta

No comments:

Post a Comment