Saturday, May 28, 2011

1 Corinthians Chapter 6

Good Morning

It's been couple days since my last post, I can't remember if i published chapter 4 because I wrote it as a Word document and so if they are out of order that's why .
Well as you can see I am coming to you during the morning, because my neighbors were just having a lovely conversation outside my door @ 630 this morning. Now I am not an early morning person for real so I was not pleased to say the least. But I decided to make the most of my time and spend some time with the Lord.

So I read chapter 6 in my journey through Corinthians and surprisingly Paul once again goes over the importance of avoiding sexual sin. He says in the message Bible that we should avoid the kind of sex "that avoids commitment, leaving you more lonely than ever"( verses 18-20). Though I personally feel guilty for doing this for the past year, it sure explains why I want to be with someone so badly, part of me is physically with him and That is how God design sex to function. In order for my tie to wear off, I have to starve the connection, hence the reason for not texting and calling as much because essentially by doing those small things I am just feeding into it and making it stronger. This chapter really put things into perspective for me, and affirms that the Lord's spirit is in me, hence my standards for these sorts of things. So my solution for this is to continue to allow this un holy connection to starve. I just thank God for explaining that to me this morning. So that's why they woke me up. Ok so I'm not gonna lie, I did skip the first part about law suits because I really don't understand it. It says that we should not file suits against each other but, honestly how else are we supposed to settle things like that? Request a Christian attorney? or just allow people to cheat and steal from us? I don't know about that.

well until next chapter happy reading

Aleta

No comments:

Post a Comment