Sunday, June 12, 2011

I Corinthians chapter 10 and other stuff :)

Good afternoon all :)

I hope your day is going well. Mine is pretty good, I went to church early this morning and the message was great. It was about embracing shift in our lives. The pastor say something that really stuck with me and made me feel better about my situation, he said that Nothing can get into my life without God's permission. So all this finanical mischief i am going through God allowed it. He did not cause but he did allow it. I knew it was for a reason, he is trying to take me some place else or maybe it's training in trust, or learning how to press dispite what is going on around me. The pastor also talked about using our gifts so that we can experience the favor of God. Now this topic is always difficult for me because anytime a speaker mentions using gifts, my first thought is " well I don't know my gifts" and then I become frustrated because I feel stuck at step one because I don't know what my gifts are or how to use them. Well this happened again today, I was feeling very encouraged by the message, and then he mentioned prosperity is proportioned to the degree to which one functions in their gift. In order to function in that gift you have to know what it is and something inside of me is convinced that I don't know what mine is. But then I heard the Lord speak, and he reminded me of how well I speak but due to fear I allowed people to silence my voice. So i asked God how can I use my voice as a way to up build the kingdom and honestly to make my life better? Well I thought about it and I guess I could start by talking to people. I have always been conscious about my voice because it's loud and I speak properly. How can I embrace that and make it work for me instead of working for it or rather working for the fear of it? Others gifts or strengths I have noticed about myself include good judgment in time and the general character of some people. So how can I use these to my advantage? Well I am hoping to find out by reading Corinthians,something inside of me wants out, it's getting very restless and I have to set it free.



So chapter 10: hm.Well Paul continued with the analogy of eating the food of the non believer and honestly I am not sure what to do with that. He says it's ok to eat with them as long as they don't dedicate their food to idols. So I'm wondering what modern activity would this be compared to? It's really hard to write this because I am sleepy. (Just thought i would put that out there.) I won't think too hard about the food but one thing I did get out of this was that it seems like Paul wants our lives to be an example for both believers and non believers, so they can look to us for encouragment. I am guilty of sacrificing my spiritual standards in order to be considerate of someone's worldly standards. Paul says this is actually harmful because it causes confusion to that non believer and may change their perception of Christ. The portion regarding temptation was very helpful also, it really encourages me to stay sexually pure both emotionally and physically. It also helps to know that my temptation is no different then any other believers temptation (verse 13) I don't feel alone and I am motivated to resist especially since God has my back through the whole thing. Finally God was telling me as I was reading this, that a relationship with him takes alot of time and commitment, I will really have to try to get to know him, it won't be impossible but the theme for my season is EFFORT. I really have to work at it, and trust me it has been rough but I want this life, I want to be something in this world, not just a tumbleweed blowing across the wind in my safe zone. God told me, in order to know myself I must know him and really start being considerate of others not just of me and my problems. This is going to take lots of prayer!!!!! because I tend to be very Aleta oreniented ( even in the negative).


Ok readers I feel better now but it's nap time for real until next chapter

P.S hopefully I get some insight on this whole food and dinner thing lol.

Happy reading

Aleta

No comments:

Post a Comment