Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Corinthians 11 : head covering and more dinner!!

Good evening all

Well I read another chapter of corinthians, honestly I can totally excited for chapter 12 because I will finally get to the spiritual gifts!!!! I have been wanting to have a official title to my gift for the longest time!! So much has happened since the last time I wrote in my blog. My sister ( spiritual) had a wonderful conversation last night, so many things came to light about my relationship with a certain someone, ( hopefully one day I can provide his name and picture), and just God's potential purpose well one of them, for my light. I am too excited for what is to come. I am still on the hunt for job #2 but I feel I am getting closer, I just have to keep trying.

Now to chapter 11.




Well it was very interesting, the first portion dicussed the relationship between man, woman and God. God is ( or should be) the head of a man and a man is ( should be) the head of his wife. This calls for a word that has been used out of context for a long time and that is submission. I don't know about you but this is a difficult word for me, especially when you look at it from the world's perspective. Usually it is associate with low class, some for of abuse, little to know rights,it's just bad. As a believer not only do i have to submit to Christ but to my husband also... GREAT!!! Then I get really confused because Paul says all this stuff about how a in worship a woman must keep her head covered and never cut her hair because it is her pride and joy ( long hair that is). Well personally I have already broke that rule ( a few times) plus I really don't have long hair anyway. So once again I am in a place where I am confused how to apply this concept to modern day activities and principles. I understand the submission portion I have trust in my husband that he is lead by Christ, but FIRST before I come in to contact with my Husband I have to learn how to trust Christ, how can i trust the creation with out first trusting it's creator?? All this self sacrifice is rough because I am in a place where i am hoping to discover myself and in order to do that have to ignore myself? It makes since on paper but as an application it's still throws me for a loop from time to time. So the head covering for me and non head covering for men, is still fuzzy but I understand submitting. CHECK..

NEXT dinner...
the next passage talked about the Lord's supper and I think it's the portion my pastor reads before we take communion. Paul takes about waiting for others to arrive before you start eating, it's he is telling them to pray before they eat their food, maybe? Or maybe this is instructions communion, just during his time it was called the Lord's supper. He also talks about examining yourself before having the supper, I take this to mean having a clear conscious and maybe as for forgiveness before participating. Yea I was not really focused on this chapter this evening but I kind of feel the spirit telling me that this portion was just instructions for customs of that time period and I should not read too deep into it. OK


As I said before I am really excited for next chapter, I am thinking I should pray and fast and read it like ten times before I actually blog about it. I really believe that God will formally name and Identify my gifts through someone this week. The ones that I am curious about are , I have miniture visions about certain things, discernment in the form of physical sensations and emotional connections with people, and sometimes I feel as though I am understand people speaking in tongues. I would love confirmation on these especially the visions because I would like to know if that is related to prophecy, I don't know. So many things. I can't wait, the only other time I get this excited is when I go see my special someone

k signing off until next time Happy reading

Aleta

No comments:

Post a Comment