Sunday, May 22, 2011

I Corinthians Chapter 3

Good evening all

It's been about 4 days since my last entry. Honestly i can say that things were getting alittle to close for comfort for me and i did my usual quick exit routine. Especially since last time i was pushing it because i didnt even feel like writing, and i had to dig deep to allow God to pull forth something in me ( though it felt like i was doing most of the work.)


But isn't that the point of this? To be pushed past our point of comfort in order to go some place higher in Him. But that is a heck of alot easier said than done. Actually commiting to him on a daily basis and to remain focused on him throughout that process. These past two months have been the most trying times in my entire life. It feels like every day i have to be broken down just alittle further and honestly I am afraid to go deeper in him because of the trials and attacks that come as a result. So i jump in for awhile and then when things start to get real, too real, I jump out before i can experience anymore discomfort. As I am reading over the words I am currently writing, my method of thinking is doing more harm than good. I cannot fully develop if I skip certain parts of the process. It's just sooo freakin HARD!!!! UGH. But it is now or never. I am choosing now.



I won't lie to you I really don't feel like doing this right now. I'd rather get on facebook, or watch the billboard music awards or something, but eventually I am going to have to put in this work,so let's just do it sooner rather than later.


I Corinthians Chapter 3. Well once again i read from both the New Living Translation (NLT) and the Message Bible (MSG). In this chapter Paul is still stressing the source his power and not the resources which are Paul and Apollos at this point. Prior to this he lovely scolds the believers on their actions because they are a direct reflection of those that are still govern by the flesh instead of the God's spiirt. He even said " and you still aren't ready. For you are governed by your sinful nature." (verse 2-3) Here he is referring to the the bickering going on between the believers, which displays their infant like christian walk.



He goes on to discuss how important it to properly develop their new foundation in Christ. This section stuck out the most to me. It says " Anyone who builds on that foundation may use a varitey of materials- gold, silver,jewels, wood, hay, or straw. But on judgment day, fire will show if a person's work has any value. If the work survies,that worker will recieve a reward. But if the work is burned up,the builder will suffer a great loss. The builder will be saved but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames.(verses 12-15) This really struck me because I always thought that once I made it to heaven that was it. But here Paul explains that we will be rewarded according to our works here on earth for the Kingdom. So my works here determine how well off I will be in Heaven. Well it’s a good thing the rapture didn’t happen yesterday because I would be broke as a joke in Heaven, like seriously.



On a positive note, I went to church at “The Church on Strayer” and this very scripture came up in the message and Pastor Scott ( no not me or my dad lol) explained that once we are in heaven we have the ability to rule over the universe,according to our works of course. Currently I want all the great rewards but I don’t want to do all the hard work that goes with it. But these motives and attitudes will determine our rewards in heaven. It remains me of the scripture in James “ faith without works is dead.” There must be a balance between our faith and our actions, like our actions should be a direct reflection of our faith, in all aspects of life. I have notice by just walking with God for these few days I have been more sensitive to his spirit and it is starting to come out of me at most convient times. There are plenty of days I don’t feel like writing this,and when I give into that feeling everything is off and feels wrong. I need Him in my life.
I think I might review this chapter tomorrow and then move on to 4
Until then happy reading
Aleta

No comments:

Post a Comment