Saturday, May 14, 2011

1 Corinthians Chapter 1

I had to read this chapter a few times because i really wanted to hear from the Holy Spirit. In Summary this chapter Paul discussed the importance of the church family getting along with each other. From my understanding he really didnt get into why that was important except the fact that it leads to believers paying more attention to WHO is giving the message and less to WHERE the message is coming from. He also talks about how the world views the message from the Lord as silliness and absurd.
The world would rather give credit to itself than even aknowledge God. That is why Paul said the Jews of this time period needed big demonstrations and the Greeks rely on logic from Philosophers instead of trusting in God.


Paul then goes on to talk about why God chose the down and outs and nobodies. This is because they are less likely to get by simply on their own knowledge, it is almost like they have no choice but to turn to God in order to be somebody. It makes sense though, if the world doesn't want them who would? Jesus. that is all we need as believers we, dont have to prove anything, earn anything, its all free. Now in the natural it will cost friends, some family members, jobs, money, popularity, and other important natural possesions but in the end it is all worth the risk.



In my own life, the Holy Spirit revealed to me that the reason i cannot completely function in my gifts is because the focus is MY gifts and not the creator who gave them to me. Currently I am missing the whole point of the gifts, and that is to glorify his name and demonstrate his power. Instead i seek recognition,reward, and attention and pay little ( literally) attention to Christ and what he has done. I don't trust him enough so that is why i am going through this demolition process. I need to tear down all the barriers standing in between he and I. That includes, food, money, my car, friendships, romantic relationships, just everything. It's hard but atleast i understand now. I have to completely submit my will unto him before he can unleash the power inside of me because the right Person has to get credit and as it stands now he wouldn't.

well he turned an ok day one, into a great day one.

Until chapter 2 happy reading

Aleta

No comments:

Post a Comment