Tuesday, May 17, 2011

God's Spirit

Good Afternoon all,

yes I have expectation, to have hundreds of followers one day because i would like to use this to inspire someone one day. But anyway that reason may change, seems alil Aletaish at the current moment lol.

Anyway,


As I mentioned in my last post 1 Corinthians chapter deals alot with God's spirit and the revelation of his promises and purposes. Paul talks about how he intentionally kept his message simple because he wanted the listeners focus to be on the message and not the him or other speakers. He then goes into how The Lord's spirit was the source of his strength and that their righteous living was response to God's spiirt and not any fancy message he had given.


Beginning with verse 10 in 1 Corinthians chapter 2, Paul uses the word spirit or a variation of it ( spiritual, unspiritual) 14 times in my NLT (new living translation) and in my Message bible ( a bible using contemporary language)beginning at verse 9, it is used 13 times. That's alot to me. So God's spirit must be very important and essential to our walk as well as our understanding of God. It is also important to understand his spirit because once we accept Christ into our lives this spirit becomes alive within us, and I don't know about you but i want to know as much as i can about something that is said to be living inside of me.


So....

I started with the dicitionary and looked up the word spirit. It is defined as 14 different things. hm 14 again, ( happens to be my favorite calendar number by the way). Honestly this whole thing about God's spirit can be abit over whelming ( feels that way now just as i am sitting here writing this lol )


So let's just start with the first defintion. it says
an animating or vital principle held to give life to physical organisms
(merriam-webster dictionary).Hm so the first thing I learned about the spirit is that it gives life.As we learned yesterday in Romans 6:23 one of the free gifts of God is enternal life. So now we know where this life comes from. His spirit.

Another definition of spirit ( number 6 to be exact) says a special attitude or frame of mind. So not only is it a source of life but it provides the basis for thoughts. Hm interesting. So far we know that God's spirit provides a source of life and thoughts and not only for him, but for those who take on his spirit. So when God's spirit is within us we have access to his life and his thoughts. What does it mean to have access to his life? I mean when i think of God i don't think of a physical person like me. I think of this being from an alternate universe with great power and pressence.

No comments:

Post a Comment