Sunday, July 17, 2011

1 Corinthians Chapter 6 ( review)

Good evening all,


Well it's been awhile, hm. But I am back and in full force and reading to go the next level in Him. So as you can tell by the title I was led to read over 1 Corinthians chapter 6. I was confused when i received this word was because I finished the book of Corinthians earlier in June and i didnt understand why I had to re-read a chapter I had already been through. Maybe the chapter was done with me. Well in chapter six Paul talks about christians bringing lawsuits against other christians. He says "...How dare you file a lawsuit and ask a secular court to decied the matter instead of taking it to other believers!"( verse 1) In today's soceity people would have a hard time understanding this concept. If anything I believer their response would be " why wouldn't I do that? Isn't that what the justice system is for to settle disputes?" Honestly I agree with that, I mean if you think about it, isn't that what lawyers, police officers, and judges are trained an paid to do? to settle our conflicts? With today's churches, could we really settle disputes? Are we supposed to take every dispute to the church? Thes are just of few of the many questions I would have regarding this idea?

So as I read further Paul mentions that in the next life we will have the authority to judge both the world and angels ( verse 2 and 3), therefore we should have the power to settle disputes among ourselves. He brings up and even harder pill to swallow, he suggests that believers accept the injustice or let ourselves be cheated (verse 7-8.)Once again... at first this is CRAZY!! Are is really saying that we should allow people to just take advantage of us and then that's it??


Then my heart was still. No. that's not what he is saying. God is asking us to let him be God. How amazing is that, a being so powerful, who could end this would with a blink of eye, is asking us our PERMISSION to be God in our lives? HONESTLY?? That is humble self-sacrificing love. How could he possibly love us that much, to ask to be our God. Amazing. Now it's true Paul was aggressive here, but honestly sometimes that is what needs to be done to get through to some people especially in a life or death situation. God asks us because he has seen and has full knowledge of all of the pain brought against us by others. He is a just God and he has already avenged anything that did,is, or will happen to us in this life. Paul says it best " Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God" (verse 9). and he goes on to give various examples of sins that are commited who may go naturally unnoticed but are recorded in the spirit realm. God keeps tabs on us all, of the good, the bad, the beautiful, and ugly things we do. It's on the tab so why are we trying to foot the bill? God is saying, looked your sins have been paid for, I see it I know, trust me to pay it. I mean honestly we trust our friends or maybe even a stranger in a bar when they say " put it on my tab" So why can't we trust God to handle our spiritual tab? Looking at it through this lense definately puts a new spin on things. Will I be perfect, no, but I will be encouraged the next time I think about sueing someone. Because my bill is covered.


Another the other end, this could also been seen as a warniing not to be so quick to judge other people. Yes Paul did say some day BELIEVERS will have the power to judge the world and angels. But that some day is not TODAY , so until then we must be humble and forgiving to others who harm us. Just like those who harm us will be judge we will be standing in line right with them to be judged. Here we also have to let God to his job. If God wanted our help in this area he would have definately appointed us the position. But that's just it, he does not need help being who is He is. He would rather have us trust him to do the work. He asks us to help each other in disputes, love each other and ourselves, and be kind ( yes even to the not so kind.)

Honestly the vibe I get from God, is that he really wants to be included and be our friends. He truely desires a genunine relationship with us. We don't have to do anything special or be perfect, he just asks that we communicate, trust him, and hangout. The basic buiding blocks of a healthy relationship and we all ask for those things from others but are you really willing to give them to him? I know it makes me rethink a few things.

Well until next time readers, Happy reading

Aleta

No comments:

Post a Comment